Sunday, December 27, 2009

PRESENT : Board Game Addict

I love board games. Especially word board games. I totally love it. Used to play scrabble a whole bunch when i was younger but as of this year, board games has taken on a whole new meaning especially when my partner in crime (the lovely and super competitive Clairessa Chan) shares a passion for similar board games.

We started by playing scrabble almost every other day and initially i was top dog la. But as time started to take its toll, she started to kick my ass big time. We used to average about 250 pts per game initially and now its nothing less than 300 pts. I have only been fortunate enough to score a 7 tile word like once my entire life and she has managed it 3 times!!! She even had one round where she scored like 100 points for a single word (sniff sniff). (SQUIDS and LIONS on a triple letter i think....f*ckin power...oh and not forgetting TRAINING...hahaha). It even got to a point where we argued over which dictionary to use, Collins or Webster and being a person of structure, we decided to just focus on one dictionary (currently Webster. We even brought the scrabble for all our little holiday excursions. The tile bag was filled with sand after our perhentian holiday and it was real sweet to be playing on the beach while the waves crash onto the sea (fuyyooohh..so poetic this boy..)

We also Boggle quite a bit and it is always fun playing with Claire cause she is so competitive and she has this adorable way of looking for words immediately after realizing she didnt have that word on her scoresheet. We also recently found the joy of playing Bog with a whole bunch of other people. The dynamics change and you have to go all out and look for the longest or most obscure word out there on the board. (followed by cries of "good girl tai che' kick his ass!!").

We used to have the old school boggle set with the wooden tiles and the big shaker which annoys the people around you when you start boggling the fella. But recently my car got broken into and some dumb kampung f*cks stole my bag from my car la. I was a dumbass for leaving my bag with my board games in my back seat. But sedih la...sniff sniff...all those memories, scores, cute drawings...sigh....

So we got ourselves the new boggle. Its like automatic and it has a buzzer and everything. Super portable, but i still miss the old skool set la. But all good. I think this new boggle brings me better luck as i am starting to kick her ass pretty regularly.

For Christmas, Tina got us a Upwards set. F*ckin awesome. Its like Scrabble on steroids. Stacking up a whole bunch of letters to form new words and go for the power kill. She has beaten me twice already and im looking forward to our next rematch

1 comment: