Thursday, January 7, 2010

PAST : The High School era (sports)

I know some of you might be laughing your asses off. Amil playing sports...serious wan ar this fella. Dude, i am serious la. Back in the day i was a kick ass basketball player. Back when i was in form one and for two, me and my boys (who were in the afternoon session) would come to the morning session of fridays to play ball with some of the older kids. I mean here you have amil, this cocky young punk going up to some form 5 kids during their PJK saying "Bro, wanna play ar, 4 on 4 , us kids vs you seniors" and we would whoop their asses. I remember being the guy who would always play like a forward, getting the boards, post up, slashing in the lane, perimeter jumpers, that sorta shit. We also went to the church behind my school to play some ball (i think it was the lutherian church or sumthin, and i would play without my shirt on (kinda scrawny back then), and my friends would be like "dude, its a church la...you'll get the nuns all excited".F*ckin hillarious. I think my main BBall gang consisted of David, Adrian and EuGin. We would play ball all the way till class starts after friday prayers. i remember even during fasting month i would play. I didn't give a shit. i loved the game.

We then formed an under 15 team to play for the MSSS level. We got jerseys and shit and i always wore number 7. We went to seaport school for the games and we were like the 8th seed school in PJ. We were pitted against the top seeded school which was Seaport. During practice the center dunked and it freaked us out. The game started. My center tips off to me and i race across the court for a quick layup. POW. The opposing centers blocks my layup. IN YOUR FACE MOTHER F*CKER!!!!

Sigh...My school was never really any good la. We never won a single tournament but it was super fun playing ball with the crew. I personally had some success in basketball though. I joined the addidas streetball 3 on 3 and got second place (for the non chinese category la). It was seriously fun. My team consisted of me, Justin,Dani and Daniel and we were pretty good la. I remember being down by like 2 points with like a minute to go and we kicked some serious ass by playing killer defence. In the finals, we played against this kampung fellas from KB and they seriously kicked our asses la. I mean these guys were using pallas jazz school shoes to play and they tapaued us kao kao. I think that was the only occasion i had ever won anything in sports la. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment